Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Evaluation Question Four

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
Research:
The purpose of my research was to present my findings. Some of the programs I had use to present my findings included Powerpoint, Prezi, Video, voki, word and YouTube to present my findings. It was important to use technology to present the information I had gathered so that large pieces of information did not seem intimidating to dissect in terms of using to help create my music video. Examples of this is the “Analysis of an Existing Director”, “Existing record labels” and “Analysis of an existing music video”.  I chose to use PowerPoint to present the “Analysis of an Existing Director” to break it up into catergoires like who the director has worked with, his iconography and the background to the director. I think it was effective as it reminded me how I would analyse my own work. I decided to use Prezi to effectively communicate my research in a way that it is clearly separated and did not look boring to read. For my “Analysis of an existing music video”, I decided to use InDesign because it breaks up my analysis of shot coherently. Overall using different programs to present my research in a variety of different formats helps give my research aesthetics.

Planning:
The purpose of my planning was to help plan my music video. Most of my planning consisted of images to iterate the direction for my music video. This consisted of mouldboards and sketches. It also consisted of me using Youtube to find covers of the song. This helped me visualise my target audience and how they would want a video to be constructed. This idea came to me in the way that they performed the song. Overall using image – based ways of setting out my planning helped explain my ideas in a way that I can deconstruct my visual ideas.

Construction:
The purpose of the construction stage was to construct my music video, my digi pak and my poster. Some of the programs that I had used to create my products were Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. They were a variety of different technologies that I used when making my products. One technology that I used to make my product was that I filmed was the Canon 550D. To get clearer footage, I changed the ISO balance to 100 on the camera to get clearer, defined footage. The white balance on the 550D canon captures the ratio of light and dark. This showed when I put the black and white filter on my footage and it did not give me true white and blacks. When I was constructing my music video, I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. This program is of a professional standard. One feature of the program is the Adjustment Layer, which gave the video a clearer defined aesthetic. Adobe InDesign is a program that I used for the creation of my digi Pak. It is an industry used program to create document. One feature that I used was using the lines that lined up everything. So nothing on the digi pak look disorientated.
Abobe Photoshop is a program where you can edit photos in terms of filters, scale and proportion and transparency for example. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is also a program used by the industry. I think that this was effective because it helped heighten the overall quality of the photos and make them look like they were professionally done. One example of where using Photoshop was making the photos on my digi pak transparent. I selected the filter and changed the percentage to 50%. I think I benefitted from using these programs as I feel that they are at a standard where they can compete with competitors in the real world.

Evaluation:
The purpose of using technology to present my evaluations was that it broke up large pieces of texts. Some of the technologies I used was Soundcloud, InDesign, Adobe Premier Pro CS6 and Prezi. I thought that using apps like Soundcloud is that I am now incorporating media that my audience would use. The reason why I used InDesign is because of the way it presented both images with text and presented in a document. Overall I benefitted from using technology to present my evaluations because it showed my confidence and progress in using the technologies.
Overall effectiveness:

Have they done their purpose?
I think that using a variety of technologies has helped me – especially in the construction phase – because I think that using industry programs has improved the overall quality and aesthetics of my product. Thus, making my products able to compete in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment